Blog Journal #4

    When looking at the second grade ELA technology standard, LAFS.2.W.2.6, I felt confident that I could implement this standard with a little exploration into the storybook creator and graphic creator. I have knowledge and skills using the rest of the technology which are smart boards, class blogs, and Word. I could use Canva, which I am well acquainted with now, instead of their suggested pixlr. Overall, this standard looks achievable with the skillset I have in educational technology. 

    To continue with the second-grade ELA theme, I selected the interactive resource, Cool Context Clues. I like that this could be an independent tool for students that I could include in centers work (for those that are at the technology center). I like that it's themed, I think that will get the students more engaged and I could also center my lesson plan around a similar theme as well. This resource can also serve as an introduction to a lesson that I teach later in the lesson so that students are already familiar with it. 

    It is important to be a proficient internet searcher as a teacher because you can find a variety of tools and utilize them for your classes as well as find new ideas and resources. There are so many cool lesson plans and activities that other teachers have offered to expand your teaching library. I think the most important internet searching skill is the advanced search option. It can give you more specific results to do further research and allow for you to find exactly what you're looking for more efficiently. 

Comments