Blog Journal #6

     Diigo was hard to understand at first and to be honest, I didn't like the format. I do like the ability to share ideas within a group through articles and having things grouped by similar tags attached to the post. I like the ease with which I can save a bookmark to the group. Overall, it's not my favorite website that we've used this year and I most likely will not use it in the future, but for the purposes of this past week's assignments, it was good.

    I enjoy blogging, I feel like I'm getting my thoughts out in a clear and cohesive way and I enjoy responding to prompts. I've learned how to make my blog look aesthetically pleasing based on what I put on the sidebar, the main posts, and other aspects of the blogging process. I appreciate the ability to post links to my social media or other blogs and allowing viewers to see those pieces of my content as well. Blogging is much easier than I expected and it has allowed me to gain insight into specific pieces of educational technology and makes me think critically about what I learned that week.

        The web 2.0 tool I would be interested in using when teaching is Pinterest. With Pinterest, you can create boards that have different ideas and concepts for lesson plans and find other websites for more ideas. Students can use Pinterest to get inspiration for projects as well and teachers can use it to do the same. Teachers can also get ideas from other teachers which can be beneficial for the sharing of content amongst educators. My review on this tool is a 5/5 because for the past decade I've personally been using Pinterest and have gained insight into several different areas of my life that I made need ideas or inspiration for.  

https://www.pinterest.com/ 

Comments