Blog Journal #7

     Some schools require teachers to keep an updated page on the school website. The type of information a teacher could include based on my findings was some form of contact information, a welcome to the class sentiment, the syllabus, resources, and a calendar with assignments uploaded to it. This looks like a great way for parents to be aware of what their student is doing in class without having to step on their student's toes by asking to see their assignments. Some websites are more detailed than others, but the majority have the information I previously stated along with some things that make it more specific to the course. 

https://www.leonschools.net/Page/18627 

    Personally, I will utilize Google Drive because I feel like it is so easy to add documents to folders and while I prefer using word, the organization and cloud storage provided by Google are unmatched. In addition, I think Grammarly is an excellent tool and allows me to check spelling and grammar as I go so that I can type quickly and get my thoughts onto paper more efficiently.  I also just found out about a website called Trello, that allows you to make a board with all the tasks for the day or week and you can add how urgent they are to complete and such. This would be such a useful tool because it's right there on your desktop, you can make it look however you'd like and it organizes your tasks by urgency so you can accomplish the most important ones first. 

Honestly, I will not probably use PBWorks with my students if they're in K-8th grade because it was confusing for me as a junior in college so I can't imagine it being helpful for them if they're so young. If I taught high schoolers and showed them an example on how to use it, I think that would be more beneficial. It was a fine website, I think I'm just used to having easy interfaces to follow and use so this was more challenging for me. I will say that I liked being able to work in a group without necessarily using a Group Me or other communication platform because it incentivized more people to actually do the work rather than talk about it. 

Comments