Blog #10

     As a 2nd grade teacher, I will use data collection mostly for parents and finding out how they feel about certain projects or areas of a lesson plan. I can also use it with students to learn about how comfortable they are with the material they're learning.  Depending on the subject, I can use it to help them learn, for example creating a bar graph in math using the data they get from their classmates. Overall, I will not use data collection in the form of surveys too much with the students as much as I will with their parents to get information on whether or not the student is retaining the information, how they feel about the content, etc.

    When I was looking through my classmate's blogs, I was inspired by all the great ideas they have and it reminded me of how important it is to include other teachers and colleagues in your PLN. One idea I really liked was how Ann built off of Savannah's idea of having students fill out a survey on how well they know the content and if the average was less than half (or you could adjust) then the class needed to review the topics. I especially like that she added to this idea because I also had the same idea as Savannah. In addition to both of these ideas, if one or two students do not understand a concept, it allows the teacher to help them one-on-one as well. 

    I personally did not participate in tech-flexes or badges this semester. However, I took the liberty of looking through some of the ones my classmates did, and I may participate off the record at some point. For example, a technology detox is much needed and I may take one! I will also look into the LinkedIn badges since those can be added to my profile for employers to see.

     The next technology-related skill I would like to learn is putting together videos and editing videos. This is important not only for educational purposes to lecture to distance learning students but also in personal life to create videos for family or other reasons. To achieve this goal, I can download a video editing app such as iMovie to practice basics and I can get more advanced as time goes on. I can also research the best ways to edit a video and how to make it look really professional. 

Comments